Similar to GFRG, our Modified GFRG is GFRG with added acrylic polymers to the mix. This allows our customers to use for their exterior use. It is not a replacement for GFRC or Precast products.
Information about our modified GFRG
Learn more about our high quality modified GFRG to use it for your next project.
Enhanced by Acrylic Polymers
The inclusion of Acrylic Polymers increases Modified GFRG’s usability, suitable for both interior and exterior applications.
Enhanced Weather Resistance
The acrylic polymers mixed into the GFRG improve its weather resistance, enhancing its durability when used in outdoor applications. Acrylic polymers can increase the toughness, UV resistance, and general weathering properties of the material.
As with regular GFRG, the modified version is often used for non-load-bearing architectural elements that require lightness and design flexibility. Given its improved weather resistance, these elements can now include exterior features.
Limitations of Modified GFRG
It’s important to remember that while Modified GFRG broadens the scope of GFRG’s applications, it doesn’t necessarily adopt all the characteristics of more weather-resistant materials like GFRC. The specifics of its performance in various conditions would depend on factors such as the proportion and type of acrylic polymers used, the manufacturing process, and the specifics of its installation and maintenance.
Enhanced Durability with Modified GFRG for Exterior Excellence
Modified Glass Fiber Reinforced Gypsum (GFRG), as its name suggests, is a variant of the standard GFRG material. This modified version includes the addition of Acrylic Polymers to the standard gypsum and glass fiber mix. These polymers imbue the material with an added layer of versatility, allowing it to be suitable for exterior use, expanding its range of applications.
While Modified GFRG brings certain benefits for exterior use, it’s important to note that it is not intended as a replacement for Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC) or Precast products. Each material has its unique advantages and applications, and the best choice often depends on the specific needs and goals of a given project.
- Variant of GFRG: Modified by adding Acrylic Polymers.
- Increased versatility: Suitable for exterior as well as interior use.
- Not a replacement: For GFRC or Precast products, but a distinct material with its own advantages.
- Choice depends on specific project needs: Best material depends on project goals and requirements.
MORE CASTING SOLUTIONS
On top of modified GFRG, we also provide GFRG casting
Glass Fiber Reinforced Gypsum (GFRG) and Modified GFRG are materials used in the construction industry that are known for their lightness and adaptability. Despite their similarities, they each offer unique benefits due to their specific compositions.
GFRG (Glass Fiber Reinforced Gypsum)
- GFRG is a composite of high strength, white ‘alpha’ gypsum and glass fibers that provides a strong, lightweight material for creating architectural details.
- Traditionally, GFRG is used for interior applications as it is not designed to withstand weathering. This makes it suitable for decorative elements such as cornices, columns, moldings, and ceiling domes.
- Due to its susceptibility to weathering, GFRG is usually not recommended for exterior applications.
- Its ability to take on fine detail and its inherent flame retardancy make it a preferred choice for interior architectural details.
Both GFRG and Modified GFRG are innovative solutions in the world of construction, each with distinct advantages and applications. They differ in their compositions (gypsum vs gypsum with acrylic polymers), their weather resistance (Modified GFRG being more resistant), and their applications (GFRG primarily for interiors, Modified GFRG for both interiors and exteriors).
We are ready to be your supplier of the highest quality foam in Las Vegas
Whether it be foam, casting, or recycling, come into contact with us today!
Send us a message, or call us for a quote. Use our contact form to tell us more about your project, and we will connect you with the services to fit your needs.
This form is used for contacting us